Gorilla Pathology and Health: With a Catalogue of Preserved Materials
Mega Sale! Save 21% on the Gorilla Pathology and Health: With a Catalogue of Preserved Materials by Academic Press at Dream Africa H. MPN: 9780128020395. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Gorilla Pathology and Health: With a Catalogue of Preserved Materials consists of two cross-referenced parts. The first, the book itself, is a review
Gorilla Pathology and Health: With a Catalogue of Preserved Materials consists of two cross-referenced parts. The first, the book itself, is a review of pathological changes and tissue responses in gorillas (Gorilla gorilla and G. beringei), with an emphasis on free-living animals, but also with reference to those in captivity. The comparative aspects are discussed, stressing the relevance of research to both gorillas and humans. What makes the publication truly unique, however, is the second part, a comprehensive descriptive catalogue of the location and nature of gorilla material in museums and scientific institutions throughout the world. This is of great consequence because free-living gorillas are strictly conserved with restricted access, so the location of a wealth of preserved tissues and other material that has been collected over the decades is a great benefit for research and study.
This book can, and should, be used to gain cardinal knowledge regarding the biology and pathology of this genus. The combination of book and catalogue in this extensive compilation makes it an invaluable tool for all those concerned with the health, welfare, and conservation of gorillas, one of our nearest living relatives.
- Brings together studies, data, and clinical practice from difficult-to-access or obscure journals and NGO reports, in different languages, for all interested parties and practitioners
- Provides perspectives on existing research in gorilla pathology, both for those studying conservation practices and those seeking an understanding of comparable diseases in humans
- Includes illustrative figures on gross and microscopic pathological changes, museum specimens, photos of field necropsy and techniques, and examples of laboratory tests
- Features an extensive list of references and further reading, in different languages
- Incorporates a comprehensive, descriptive catalogue of gorilla material from around the world
|Item Weight:||5.8 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.5 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||5.82 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 1.57 x 1.57 inches|